Find a thread.
See how many dimensions unravel.
We all need a bit of chaos.
Mind in the Gap is full of connections, possible causal relationships between stories, and Easter eggs. This page is the beginning of a thread for sharing what you’ve found. Put a note in the comments whenever you have something (or Tweet me, send me a message on Facebook, or relay via the stars), and I’ll start compiling a list under the spoiler alert below. I’ll keep adding to it myself to give hints, too!
- Uncle Billy appears in both The Predominator and Chapel Perilous. (G Jefferson)
- In Chapel Perilous, Uncle Billy has designed a robotic insect which appears in Mapmakers, though they are being used for a purpose he had decided was off the table. (G Jefferson)
- A newspaper article in Baily’s Beads mentions a time when some people tried to open up a black hole in the back room of a pub. That event is then described from the inside during the trippy middle section of The Fold. (Cy)
- More of a theory than a connection, but I think the virus in The Fold is what has wiped everyone out in The Last Man. (Cy)
- Squids appear in both The Fold and Frankie. In The Fold, squids are a representation of Demari the ‘sea monster’ living in the back of Aaron’s mind, and in Frankie they are a piece of tech with which the mental can be made physical. (A Peel)
- M Theory is a Theory of Everything. M is everything and also nothing. (Cy)